Most accidents are entirely unexpected and can happen in a split second. Whether another driver was speeding, texting or simply not paying attention, they acted in a way that put others in harm’s way. With decades of experience handling car crash cases throughout Louisiana, our Morgan City car accident lawyers have helped injury victims who were injured in a variety of types of motor vehicle accidents.
If you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in a Morgan City car accident, you are likely already concerned about doctor’s appointments, missed work, and negotiations with insurance companies. You and your family don’t have to face this alone. The Morgan City car accident lawyers at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC are here to help.
Our skilled Morgan City car wreck lawyers have years of experience helping those who have been injured in all types of car accidents and negotiating with insurance companies. We will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys know just how difficult the insurance industry can be when it comes to avoiding paying victims full and fair payments after a car accident. Our clients continually give us high praise and five-star online ratings for our work on their behalf.
Don’t allow a large insurance company pressure you into take a small settlement or intimidate you into thinking you don’t have a case. Talk to the experienced, knowledgeable legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC about your Morgan City car accident. Let us put our legal skills to work for you. Contact us now for a free consultation about your car accident.
How a Morgan City Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You After Your Car Wreck
Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards has been in Louisiana for over 60 years. We take the time to get to know our clients. Our attorneys are committed to providing you with individualized attention and helping you recover the maximum amount of compensation you need.
By trusting our firm with your car accident case, you can count on our experienced legal team to:
- Give you needed relief from the stress of dealing with insurance companies, car accident claims, paperwork, and court deadlines so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Take over communications about your car accident with the insurance companies, law enforcement, healthcare providers, and your employer.
- Investigate your car accident thoroughly to understand what exactly caused it and who could held liable for your injuries.
- Identify each possible source of insurance coverage and other options that may be available to compensate you for your injuries.
- Bring in experts such as financial planners, medical specialists, and accident reconstruction professionals to determine the cause of your injuries and how severely you will be affected for the rest of your life.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to demand full and fair compensation, while preparing to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our lawyers understand how insurance companies operate and the tactics they use. We know they will stop at nothing to avoid providing you with the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to make sure your best interests are always at the heart of our efforts.
Contact us today to get started on your car accident case. Claims for personal injury and property damage following a motor vehicle accident are time sensitive. Under Louisiana law, the statute of limitations for filing a suit to recover damages from a car accident is one year from the date of the accident. If you fail to file your claim before the statute of limitations, the defendant will be able to file a motion requesting the court to dismiss your claim.
Types of Compensation We Will Pursue After a Car Accident
Car insurance claims are governed by a fault system in the state of Louisiana. Under this system, the at-fault driver is responsible for the injuries and property damage caused by the accident.
This means you can file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company to obtain compensation. You can also file a claim with your own insurance company, but it will seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
On your behalf, we may consider several avenues for pursuing the maximum amount of compensation. We may include negotiation with your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or even filing a complaint against the manufacturer of a faulty auto part that caused your accident.
Although every case we handle is different, common types of car accident compensation will pursue in car accident cases include:
- Payment for past and future medical bills.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM or UIM) coverage. Louisiana requires all drivers to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, unless they decline it in writing. This is coverage in your own insurance policy that would provide compensation if the at-fault driver has no car insurance or does not have enough coverage to pay for all of your damages.
- Lost income and loss of future earnings potential.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Compensation to make up for the pain and suffering the car accident has caused you.
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the at-fault party for appalling behavior, such as in the case of a drunk driver.
In many cases, insurance companies will offer car accident victims a low settlement offer in the beginning, just as you are starting to worry about the bills that are piling up.
It is important that you talk to with experienced Morgan City car accident lawyer before you make any decisions about your case. We will go over all your legal options together before pursuing compensation and discuss how to handle the medical bills that may already be arriving.
Providing You Knowledge About Car Accident Claims
At the Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC, we will keep you updated every step of the way, and we will explain each part of the process so you are comfortable with your case’s strategy.
In addition, we can discuss with you:
- Giving a statement to the insurance company after a car accident.
- What to do and what not to do when filing an insurance claim.
- Important steps to take after an auto accident.
- Understanding your auto insurance policy.
- What happens if your insurance claim is denied.
Our lawyers are here to answer any questions you have and provide you with any information you may need to feel comfortable and confident about your case.
You Deserve Lawyers Who Care About You and Your Car Accident Compensation
Whether you are suffering from broken bones, head and neck problems, back or spinal cord injuries, or other serious complications after a car accident, you can count on the compassionate and dedicated legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards. We have been in Louisiana for over 60 years, representing car accident victims in New Iberia, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Morgan City, Alexandria, Breaux Bridge, New Orleans and communities throughout the state, and we will put our extensive legal knowledge to work for you.
Let us start the process of pursuing full and just compensation for your injuries. Call us or schedule a time for a free consultation about your case. We offer free and confidential consultations. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you.