You may be concerned if you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in a Breaux Bridge car accident. It can feel like a difficult road to recovery when you think about your doctor’s appointments, the prospect of missing work, and negotiating with representatives from insurance companies.
Despite your hardships, insurance companies will work to minimize your claim for compensation. You still have to take care of yourself and your family, but you don’t have to face this alone. The Breaux Bridge car accident lawyers at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC can help.
Our experienced Breaux Bridge car wreck lawyers help people who have been injured in all types of car accidents. We have decades of experience negotiating with insurance companies. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys understand how unreasonable the insurance industry can be when it comes to paying victims the full and fair payments they deserve after a car accident. Our clients continually give us high praise and five-star online ratings for our work on their behalf.
Don’t allow the powerful insurance company to pressure you into take a settlement or intimidate you into thinking you don’t have a case after you have been injured in a car accident. Call the legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC about your Breaux Bridge car accident. Contact us now for a free consultation about your car accident.
How a Breaux Bridge Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You After Your Car Wreck
Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards has been in Louisiana for over 60 years, and we give each client our full attention. We take the time that is necessary to gain a full understanding of your Breaux Bridge car accident injury case.
We will build a strategy to recover maximum compensation for you. This is a process where we take the time to get to know our clients, understand how you define success and where we explain how our lawyers go about winning cases. We have been your Acadiana neighbors for decades. We handle most personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will pay no legal fees unless we win a settlement for you.
By trusting our firm with your car accident case, you can count on our experienced legal team to:
- Give you needed relief from the stress of dealing with insurance companies, car accident claims, paperwork, and court deadlines so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Assume communications about your accident with the insurance companies, law enforcement, healthcare providers, and your employer.
- Investigate your car accident thoroughly to understand what exactly caused it and who could held liable for your injuries.
- Identify each possible source of insurance coverage and other options that may be available to compensate you for your injuries.
- Bring in experts such as financial planners, medical specialists, and accident reconstruction professionals to determine the cause of your injuries and how severely you will be affected for the rest of your life.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to demand full and fair compensation, while preparing to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our lawyers know how the insurance companies operate and the tactics they use. They will stop at nothing to avoid providing you with the compensation you deserve. We will work to make sure your best interests are always represented.
Contact us today to get started on your car accident case. Claims for personal injury and property damage following a motor vehicle accident are time sensitive. Under Louisiana law, the statute of limitations for filing a suit to recover damages from a car accident is one year from the date of the accident. If you fail to file your claim before the statute of limitations, the defendant can file a motion requesting the court to dismiss your claim.
Types of Compensation We Will Pursue After a Car Accident
Car insurance claims are governed by a fault system in the state of Louisiana. Under this system, the at-fault driver is responsible for the injuries and property damage in an accident.
This means you can file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company to obtain compensation. You can also file a claim with your own insurance company, but it will seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
Our lawyers could consider several ways to pursue the maximum amount of compensation on your behalf. We may negotiate with your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or even file a complaint against the manufacturer of a defective auto part.
Every auto accident case is different, but common types of car accident compensation we will pursue include:
- Payment for past and future medical bills.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM or UIM) coverage. Louisiana requires all drivers to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, unless they decline it in writing. This is coverage in your own insurance policy that would provide compensation if the at-fault driver has no car insurance or does not have enough coverage to pay for all of your damages.
- Lost income and loss of future earnings potential.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Compensation to make up for the pain and suffering the car accident has caused you.
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the at-fault party for appalling behavior, such as in the case of a drunk driver.
In many cases, insurance companies will start off with a low settlement offer for car accident victims, as bills and worries are mounting.
It is important you talk to with experienced Breaux Bridge car accident lawyers before you make any decisions. Let’s review all your legal options together and discuss how to handle the medical bills that may already be arriving.
Providing You Knowledge About Car Accident Claims
At Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC, we will keep you updated throughout your case. We will explain each part of the process to make sure you are comfortable with your case’s strategy.
In addition, we can discuss with you:
- Giving a statement to the insurance company after a car accident.
- What to do and what not to do when filing an insurance claim.
- Important steps to take after an auto accident.
- Understanding your auto insurance policy.
- What happens if your insurance claim is denied.
Our law firm is here to answer any questions you have and provide any information you may need to be confident about your case.
You Deserve Lawyers Who Care About You and Your Car Accident Compensation
Whether you are suffering from broken bones, head and neck problems, back or spinal cord injuries, a burn injury or other serious complications after a car accident, you can count on the compassionate and dedicated legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards. We have been in Louisiana for over 60 years, representing car accident victims in New Iberia, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Morgan City, Alexandria, Breaux Bridge, New Orleans and throughout the state. We can put our extensive legal knowledge to work for you.
We have helped the injured and disabled in Louisiana for decades. Call us or schedule a time for a free consultation about your case. We offer free and confidential consultations. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you.