If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car crash in Lafayette Louisiana, you may have questions about how to pay the medical bills or how to relieve the financial stress your family is experiencing if you cannot work. Recovering after an accident can include multiple visits to the doctor, negotiating with car insurance companies, and getting your car repaired. And despite driver negligence, if insurance companies paid accident claims fairly, the entire process would be less stressful.
You don’t have to face this alone. The Lafayette Louisiana car accident lawyers at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC are here to help.
Unfortunately, drivers make careless choices and dangerous driving mistakes each day in our region and across the nation. These mistakes can lead to deadly car wrecks or to accidents that cause serious injuries. If you are to be properly compensated by insurers, you will need an experienced legal advocate on your side.
Our skilled Lafayette car wreck lawyers have years of experience helping those who have been injured in all types of car accidents and helping them in their dealings with insurance companies. We will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys know just how difficult the insurance industry can be when it comes to avoiding paying victims full and fair payments after a car accident.
Don’t allow a large insurance company pressure you into take a small settlement or intimidate you into thinking you don’t have a case. Talk to the experienced, knowledgeable legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC about your Lafayette car accident.
Let us put our legal skills to work for you. Contact us now for a free consultation about your car accident.
How Lafayette Louisiana Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After Your Car Wreck
Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards has been in Louisiana for over 60 years, and we give each client the individualized attention that is necessary to gain an understanding of your Lafayette car accident injury case and build a strategy to recover maximum compensation.
We take the time to get to know our clients and understand your goals. We have been your neighbors here in Lafayette for over half a century.
By trusting our firm with your car accident case, you can count on our experienced legal team to:
- Give you needed relief from the stress of dealing with insurance companies, car accident claims, paperwork, and court deadlines so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Take over communications about your car accident with the insurance companies, law enforcement, healthcare providers, and your employer.
- Investigate your car accident thoroughly to understand what exactly caused it and who could held liable for your injuries.
- Identify each possible source of insurance coverage and other options that may be available to compensate you for your injuries.
- Bring in experts such as financial planners, medical specialists, and accident reconstruction professionals to determine the cause of your injuries and how severely you will be affected for the rest of your life.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to demand full and fair compensation, while preparing to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our legal team understands how the insurance companies operate and the tactics they use. We know they will stop at nothing to avoid providing you with the compensation you deserve. That’s exactly why we will work tirelessly to stay ahead of them, making sure your best interests are always at the heart of our efforts.
Contact us today to get started on your car accident case. Claims for personal injury and property damage following a motor vehicle accident are time sensitive. Under Louisiana law, the statute of limitations for filing a suit to recover damages from a car accident is one year from the date of the accident.
If you fail to file your claim before the statute of limitations expires, the defendant will be able to file a motion requesting the court to dismiss your claim.
Types of Compensation We Will Pursue After a Lafayette Car Accident
Car insurance claims are ruled by a fault system in the state of Louisiana. Under this system, the at-fault driver is responsible for the injuries and property damage caused by the accident.
This means you can file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company to obtain compensation. You can also file a claim with your own insurance company, but it will seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
We may consider several ways for pursuing the maximum amount of compensation on your behalf. We may negotiate with your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or even file a complaint against the manufacturer of a faulty auto part that caused your accident.
Every case we handle is different, but common types of car accident compensation we will pursue include:
- Payment for past and future medical bills.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM or UIM) coverage. Louisiana requires all drivers to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, unless they decline it in writing. This is coverage in your own insurance policy that would provide compensation if the at-fault driver has no car insurance or does not have enough coverage to pay for all of your damages.
- Lost income and loss of future earnings potential.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Compensation to make up for the pain and suffering the car accident has caused you.
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the at-fault party for appalling behavior, such as in the case of a drunk driver.
Insurance companies will often offer car accident victims a low settlement offer, just as victims are beginning to worry about the bills piling up.
It is extremely important that you talk to with experienced Lafayette car accident lawyer before you make any decisions about your case. We will go over all your legal options together before pursuing compensation and discuss how to handle the medical bills that may already be arriving.
Providing You Knowledge About Lafayette Car Accident Claims
At the Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC, we will keep you updated every step of the way, and we will explain each part of the process to make sure you are comfortable with your case’s strategy.
In addition, we can discuss with you:
- Giving a statement to the insurance company after a car accident.
- What to do and what not to do when filing an insurance claim.
- Important steps to take after an auto accident.
- Understanding your auto insurance policy.
- What happens if your insurance claim is denied.
You Deserve Lawyers Who Care About You and Your Car Accident Compensation
Whether you are suffering from broken bones, head and neck problems, back or spinal cord injuries, a burn injury or other serious complications after a car accident, you can count on the compassionate and dedicated legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards.
Let us start the process of pursuing full and just compensation for your injuries. Call us or schedule a time for a free consultation about your case. We offer free and confidential consultations. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you.