The Jennings car accident lawyers of Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards understand car crash victims may have questions about their legal rights following a wreck. We are committed to helping injured drivers, passengers, and pedestrians understand their rights and how they may be able to obtain compensation to cover damages such as medical bills and lost wages.
Depending on the details of your accident, you may be able to seek compensation through insurance claims or a lawsuit against a negligent driver. You and your family don’t have to face this alone. The Jennings, Louisiana car accident lawyers at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC are here to help.
Our skilled Jennings car wreck lawyers have years of experience helping those who have been injured in all types of car accidents and working with insurance companies. Our attorneys know how difficult the insurance industry can be when it comes to avoiding paying victims full and fair payments after a car accident. We will work aggressively to help you seek compensation for all medical costs and your other crash-related losses.
Don’t allow a large insurance company pressure you into take a small settlement or intimidate you into thinking you don’t have a case. Talk to the experienced, knowledgeable legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC about your Jennings car accident. Let us put our legal skills to work for you. Contact us now for a free consultation about your car accident.
How a Jennings Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You After Your Car Wreck
Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards has been in Louisiana for over 60 years, and we give each client the individualized attention that is necessary to gain an understanding of your Jennings car accident injury case and build a strategy to recover maximum compensation. We have been your neighbors in Louisiana for decades, helping those who have been injured.
By trusting our firm with your car accident case, you can count on our experienced legal team to:
- Give you needed relief from the stress of dealing with insurance companies, car accident claims, paperwork, and court deadlines so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Take over communications about your car accident with the insurance companies, law enforcement, healthcare providers, and your employer.
- Investigate your car accident thoroughly to understand what exactly caused it and who could held liable for your injuries.
- Identify each possible source of insurance coverage and other options that may be available to compensate you for your injuries.
- Bring in experts such as financial planners, medical specialists, and accident reconstruction professionals to determine the cause of your injuries and how severely you will be affected for the rest of your life.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to demand full and fair compensation, while preparing to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our lawyers understand how insurance companies operate and the tactics they use. We know they will stop at nothing to avoid providing you with the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to stay ahead of them.
Contact us today to get started on your car accident case. Claims for personal injury and property damage following a motor vehicle accident are time sensitive. Under Louisiana law, the statute of limitations for filing a suit to recover damages from a car accident is one year from the date of the accident.
If you fail to file your claim before the statute of limitations, the defendant will be able to file a motion requesting the court to dismiss your claim.
Types of Compensation We Will Pursue After a Car Accident
Car insurance claims are governed by a fault system in the state of Louisiana. Under this system, the at-fault driver is responsible for the injuries and property damage caused by the accident.
This means you can file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company to obtain compensation. You can also file a claim with your own insurance company, but it will seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
We may consider several avenues for pursuing the maximum amount of compensation on your behalf. We may include negotiation with your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or even filing a complaint against the manufacturer of a faulty auto part that caused your accident. Typically, claimants will first seek compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Although every case we handle is different, common types of car accident compensation will pursue in car accident cases include:
- Payment for past and future medical bills.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM or UIM) coverage. Louisiana requires all drivers to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, unless they decline it in writing. This is coverage in your own insurance policy that would provide compensation if the at-fault driver has no car insurance or does not have enough coverage to pay for all of your damages.
- Lost income and loss of future earnings potential.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Compensation to make up for the pain and suffering the car accident has caused you.
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the at-fault party for appalling behavior, such as in the case of a drunk driver.
It is extremely important that you talk to with experienced Jennings car accident lawyer before you make any decisions about your case. We will go over all your legal options together before pursuing compensation and discuss how to handle the medical bills that may already be arriving.
Providing You With Knowledge About Car Accident Claims
At Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards LLC, we will keep you updated every step of the way, and we will explain each part of the process to make sure you are comfortable with your case’s strategy.
In addition, we can discuss with you:
- Giving a statement to the insurance company after a car accident.
- What to do and what not to do when filing an insurance claim.
- Important steps to take after an auto accident.
- Understanding your auto insurance policy.
- What happens if your insurance claim is denied.
Our law firm is here to answer any questions you have and provide any information you may need to feel comfortable and confident about your case involving any motor vehicle accident.
You Deserve Lawyers Who Care About You and Your Car Accident Compensation
Whether you are suffering from broken bones, head and neck problems, back or spinal cord injuries, burns, or other serious complications after a car accident, you can count on the compassionate and dedicated legal team at Domengeaux Wright Roy & Edwards. We have been in Louisiana for over 60 years, representing car accident victims in New Iberia, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Morgan City, Alexandria, Breaux Bridge, New Orleans and throughout the state, and we will put our extensive legal knowledge to work for you.
Let us start the process of pursuing full and just compensation for your injuries. Call us or schedule a time for a free consultation about your case. We offer free and confidential consultations. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t collect legal fees unless and until we win compensation for you.